The Invisalign treatment process is composed of invisible and removable aligners that effectively and comfortably straighten your teeth. These clear aligners are developed with 3D computer imaging technology that projects the progress of your teeth and its alignment over time.
How Invisalign works
Each set of aligners is worn by patients over a two-week period. As each set of aligners is switched out, your teeth will gradually move and realign until they are in the straightest, desirable shape. You’ll visit your local Berkeley orthodontist in select dates to ensure the progress of the treatment is as expected. The treatment time and amount of aligners worn will vary depending on each patient’s case.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Patients can view and track the virtual treatment process to know how straight the smile will appear by the end of the treatment.
- The aligners are clear and unnoticeable. They are clear and shaped specifically for your teeth, so other people may not notice you wearing them. This provides a convenient experience for patients doing social activities during the process.
- The aligners are made of smooth, comfortable plastic that is easy to wear and does not present discomfort to the lips.
- While they require to wear 22 hours per day, the aligners are removable and do not create additional food or drink restrictions.
- No adjustments are required with the aligners. Patients are still seen by their orthodontist so they can monitor progress and make adjustments if necessary.
- If an aligner is misplaced or goes missing, additional aligners can be built into your treatment plan.