Skip to main content
Carriere Appliance Instructions:
- For the next few days you may feel some discomfort as your mouth is adjusting to your new Carriere appliance. You may take acetaminophen as needed if your teeth are sore.
- Elastics are to be worn 20-22 hours per day. Remove elastics during meals and replace elastics 3 times per day.
- The Clear retainer and elastics MUST be worn together. If you lose your clear retainer, stop elastic wear and call our office to get a replacement retainer.
- If your Carriere becomes loose, please save it, stop elastic wear and call our office to schedule an appointment to rebond it.
- With great elastic wear, you may get gaps between your teeth, this is normal.
- Avoid hard, crunchy and sticky foods.