One or several types of dental conditions may mean it is time to consider orthodontics. At I Song Orthodontics, we have evaluated numerous types of oral conditions that point to a need for orthodontics. If you have been concerned about any issue affecting your teeth, then it is important to ask the questions of whether you need braces or orthodontic treatment.
Here are several conditions that may indicate an orthodontic problem:
- Protruding teeth
- Deep bite, upper teeth overlapping the lower teeth
- An underbite, the lower teeth goes over the uppert teeth when biting
- Open bite, the upper teeth and lower front teeth cannot come together when the back teeth are closed
- Excessive space between the teeth
- Gaps or crowding
- Crossbite, when the teeth are together, the upper back teeth does not fit with the lower back teeth
While it is rare that an individual can achieve a perfectly adjusted bite, there are solutions to help patients achieve a healthy, functional smile with the proper bite motions. By correcting the alignment and positioning of the teeth, orthodontic treatment can help patients restore their smile to the best working condition, as well as enjoy the aesthetic benefits.
I Song Orthodontics, based in El Cerrito, Berkeley, and Albany, specializes in braces, clear aligners, jaw surgery, Invisalign, and a combination of orthodontic techniques to help patients re-achieve their best smile. Call our office today if you notice any of these symptoms and schedule an appointment.